Terms & Conditions
- In these terms ‘the Company’ means KPC Book Protection Ltd., ‘the Customer’ means the person or company at whose request or on whose behalf the Company undertakes to supply any goods or provide any services.
- No order shall be subject to any other conditions and these Terms and Conditions of Sale may only be varied in writing and signed by the Company and the Customer.
- Any date given by the Company for the supply of goods or provision of services shall be approximate only. No supply of goods or provision of services shall be overdue after such date until the Customer has made a written request to the Company and has given the Company a reasonable time to comply.
- Any damage in transit must be reported to the Company in writing within three days of receipt of the goods. Shortages in delivery should be so marked on the delivery note returned with the driver or carrier.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Company for any loss, damage or expense whatsoever arising from any failure or delay to deliver or provide goods or services to the Customer.
- Should the Company be unable to supply specific goods as quoted for reasons beyond its control the Company reserves the right to either cancel the contract or, with the Customer’s consent, supply an alternative product of equal or better quality or specification.
- The Customer must satisfy himself that the goods supplied by the Company are fit and suitable for the purpose for which they are required and that they satisfy any statutory requirements relevant to that use. The Company does not warrant their suitability or condition in any way and all warranties, guarantees, terms and conditions whether express or implied by common law, statute or otherwise unless herein expressed are excluded to the extent that their exclusion is not rendered void by statute.
- Prices quoted by the Company shall be fixed for acceptance and delivery of the goods to the Customer within a period of 60 days from the date of quotation. Beyond this time the Company reserves the right to charge the price ruling at the date of despatch.
- Guarantees and warranties are only applicable where specifically given in writing by the Company prior to the delivery of the goods or provision of services. The Company’s liabilities arising out of the supply of the goods or provision of services shall be limited to faulty workmanship or material only and shall not apply to defects or malfunction due to any other cause. The Company will not in any circumstances be liable for any consequential damage, loss or expense howsoever caused whether to the Customer or to any other person or thing whether arising directly or indirectly from the defect or malfunction. However this shall not exclude the Company’s liabilities in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company.
- All goods supplied by the Company remain the property of the Company until full payment is received. The risk in the goods passes to the Customer upon delivery. If the Customer shall sell the goods in such a manner as to pass to a third party a valid title to the goods, the Customer shall hold the proceeds of such sale in trust for the Company.
- The Customer shall make payment for the goods and services including any VAT due thereon, to the terms and within the period specified by the Company. If payment terms have not been specified prior to the delivery of the goods or provision of the services full payment shall become due upon delivery of the goods or provision of the services. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue payments from the date due at borrowing rates the current but not less than 3% above the Company’s Bankers Base Rate from time to time in force.
- The Company shall have a lien on all undelivered goods which the Customer agrees to buy from the Company for all monies due from the Customer to the Company under this or any other contract between them.
- The Company can cancel this contract (without prejudice to their other rights and remedies) should the Customer refuse or fail to accept delivery of the goods or if the Customer becomes insolvent.
- The Company shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performing any of its obligations under this contract if such failure or delay is due to any Act of God, Riots and Commotion, Fire, Industrial Dispute or any such circumstances beyond its control.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Sale or any part thereof shall be declared invalid or unenforceable all other provisions or any part of parts thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
- The provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Sale and any dispute or litigation arising there from shall be construed in accordance with or governed by English Law.
For Delivery & Returns terms click here
For Payment terms click here